Sunday, November 13, 2011

perfect cat eye

Okay...here is a little tutorial/how to for my first post! Down the road, i'll try to do tags and stuff like that to let you guys know a little bit more about me! But on to the tutorial...

The perfect cat eye








Some things you'll need..
liquid eyeliner, mascara [optional] white eyeliner, false lashes, lash curler <recommended! 

This is my black liquid liner which works amazing considering I got it for about $2.00 at Walgreens...I wanted  a Covergirl one until they rung it up and it costed around eight dollars...no. I believe it's "Jordana" brand.

As you can see, I really like the felt tip. I reccomend it!

SO, on to the real tutorial..
First. Make sure you're in a place with good lighting, and you have a sturdy counter to rest your elbow on. This will make all the difference in how straight and defined your cat eye line is, I've found. Truuuuust me. I've had some pretty awful cat-eyes before. People thought I fell asleep while doing my makeup...awkward!

So I started out by just slowly, carefulllllyyyy lining my eye. Just like a normal top lid of eyeliner. I went over the thin line just a few times, to make it more deliberate and thicker. You can do this as thick or as thin as you'd like. TIP: Some people try and line their top lid while their eye is closed...not a good idea. When you open up your eye, the line will be way above where it was intended to be! I like to keep my eyelid closed halfway, or a quarter- like in the picture!

Now it's time to start the actual part which makes this a cat-eye. You should  make sure that your arm is resting on something sturdy so you can make a precise line. You'll want to follow up from the line you just drew..and follow it to the outside of your eyelid. 

Some like their lines thin...depends on your opinion I guess! This one is thin, perfect for casual outfits, work..school...anything! It transitions into a night look if you make it a bit thicker!




Here, I am starting to fill in the cat eye to make it bigger. All I did was simply draw another line above the one  ..then you just fill it in! Color in between the lines!
The Result:
This one is my favorite. I think it is the perfect 'width' for daytime and nighttime. 
Like I said; you can play around with thickness of the lines as well as how far you choose to extend them. It is all your personal preference! Here's a fun idea! [below]
Draw another small line under the one you've drawn...for a thicker lash effect. 


See! It adds a little extra "oomph"!
here's a few pics of one of my thicker lined ones..

dramatic..right? Sorry about the weird looks I have on in these pictures...I was trying to showcase the cat-eye!

For a dramatic and fun touch, you can add mascara and/or false lashes! I am just starting to figure out how to correctly use the false lashes...so they aren't very natural looking yet. I'll post a tutorial sometime when I get better at it. 


lovely!





Well...that's pretty much it! Comment and let me know what ya think! I need feedback!

Love always,
Sophie



No comments:

Post a Comment